The Six Paramitas of Bodhisattvas, teaches us:
- to be Generous in charity so as to cease our parsimonious attitude;
- to practice Disciplines (precepts) so as to refrain from unwholesome deeds;
- to practice Endurance and tolerance to cease anger;
- to practice Diligently to overcome laxity;
- to practice Meditation (mental culture) to overcome disturbance in mind so at to live in the present moment; and to use the Wisdom acquired to cease ignorance.
Those who can applied these Six principles into our daily lives are Bodhisattvas, as the mind and actions of a Bodhisattva coincide with these principles.